The accu-chek.in Web site (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Roche Diabetes Care India Private Limited (“Roche”) located at [Mumbai]. By using the Site, you agree to this Cookies Policy. Please read the entirety of this Cookies Policy before using or submitting information to us through this website or any online resource. Whenever you submit information via this Site, you consent to the collection, processing, use and disclosure of that information in accordance with this Cookies Policy. If you do not agree to this Cookies Policy, you are not permitted to access or use the Site.
What are cookies?
Cookies save you the trouble of re-entering certain information in some registration areas, help to deliver content-specific information to you and track which sections of the Site are most popular. A “cookie” is actually a file that our Web server or the Web server of one of our third-party partners may send to your computer when you access this Site. This file is then stored on your computer.
- After you have entered personal information into a form or data field on this Site, cookies enable the Site to “remember” that information, should you so choose.
- Cookies and other passive information collection technologies enable us to deliver content that is tailored to your interests and preferences based on your past activity on the Site.
- Cookies and other passive information collection technologies enable us to compile aggregate statistics concerning use of the Site, analyse trends and otherwise administer and improve the Site.
What types of cookies and other tracking technologies do we use?
This Site may use the following types of cookies and tracking technologies, among others:
- “Session” cookies: Session cookies are temporary bits of information that are erased once you exit your Web browser window or otherwise turn your computer off. Session cookies are used, for example, to improve navigation on our Web sites, block visitors from providing information where inappropriate (e.g., the Site may remember previous entries of age that are outside the permitted parameters and block subsequent changes) and to collect aggregated statistical information.
- “Persistent” cookies: Persistent cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (e.g., User Name), helping to determine what areas of the Site visitors find most valuable, and customizing the Site based on your preferences on an ongoing basis.
- This Site uses Google Analytics Advertising Display Features, which collect information through cookies, which include: (i) Remarketing with Google Analytics; (ii) Google Display Network Impression Reporting; and (ii) Google Analytics Demographics and Interest reporting. Roche uses accelerated mobile pages (“AMP”) for mobile web utilization for the Site. The AMP pages collect an AMP client ID that Roche receives from Google. Your AMP client ID is associated with your activity on both the AMP and non-AMP pages. Information concerning your activity is provided to Roche via its Google Analytics account. Password and credit card information is not collected with Google Analytics. If you would like to opt-out of having your data used by these cookies, please use the Google Analytics opt-out available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Why do we allow third-party partners to place cookies on your computer?
Like most advertisers, Roche places advertisements where we think they will be most relevant to customers. One way we do so is by allowing network advertising companies with whom Roche works to place their own cookies when an individual visits our site. This enables the network advertising company to recognize individuals who have previously visited the Site. When the individual visits a third-party Web site on which that network advertising company has purchased ad space, the advertising company can then recognize the individual’s interest in Roche products and services and deliver one of our advertisements.
How does this Site respond to Web browser “Do Not Track” signals?
Certain Web browsers and other programs may be used to signal your preferences to Roche about how or whether Roche or third parties may collect information about your online activities. Currently, Roche does not respond to such signals.
What choices do you have regarding the delivery of targeted advertisements on third-party sites?
The Digital Advertising Alliance maintains a Web site where consumers can opt out from receiving interest-based advertising from some or all of the network advertising companies participating in the program.
In addition, most internet browsers allow you to change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it, or to automatically refuse all cookies.
Additionally, our websites may use third party analytics tools to collect and manage Performance Cookies on our behalf. Some specific tools we use include Google Analytics, as described below: